Journeyman Diesel Mechanic
Commercial Truck Dealership (Hino -Toyota & UD) and a NationaLease affiliate with a job opportunity for a Journeyman Diesel Mechanic (Diesel Technician). C&M Motors is a Commercial truck dealership with multiple locations in San Diego and over thirty-five years of providing sales, rentals, full-service leasing, body collision repair, warranty repairs, service maintenance on commercial trucks and trailers. C&M Motors has consistently been one of the top selling dealer of Hino (Toyota) trucks in the U.S.. We look forward to you joining our team.
Mechanic Benefits As a Journeyman Diesel Engine Mechanic /Technician with C&M Motors, Inc. NationaLease of San Diego , you will be working for a growing, stable and dynamic company with a commitment to providing the best service to our customers. We value and appreciate your hard work and professional dedication as a Diesel Engine Mechanic, and will reward you with a highly competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive set of benefits.
Your benefits as a Diesel Engine Mechanic will include:
- Health, dental and vision coverage is available after waiting period
- Minimum of 10 days of Paid Time Off
- Major Holidays off and paid for
- 401(k) after 90 days permanent employment with a percentage of matching dollars
Job Description ( not limited to):
- Diagnosing failures of vehicles and disassembling, repairing and reassembling parts as necessary
- Inspecting, testing and listening to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts , Hino Software and pressure gauges
- Performing routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and performing DOT and BIT inspections.
- Diagnosing and repairing DEF and DPR system failures
- Performing Hino Diagnostics, warranty repairs, recalls and campaigns by utilizing the Hino system
Job Responsibilities As a Diesel Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for preventive maintenance, Federal DOT inspections, troubleshooting and repairing diesel engines, alignments, suspension, hydraulics, transmissions and electrical systems. Must be qualified to perform DOT inspections
Job Requirements As a Diesel Maintenance Technician, you must display thorough and proven knowledge of diesel engines and diesel engine repair. You must also have a strong work ethic and exceptional attention to detail. It will also be a vital part of your role as a Diesel Maintenance Technician to provide outstanding customer service and maintain effective working relationships with customers, supervisors and co-workers.
- Associate’s degree in diesel technology OR equivalent experience preferred
- ASE certification preferred
- Other OEM training is a plus (Hino, Volvo, International)
- Must have valid drivers license AND a good driving record
- Excellent communication skills
MUST BE COMPUTER LITERATE
Please provide your resume and a C&M Motors representative will contact you.